9.0 The Council
- The Council shall consist of no less than 11 members and the officer bearers are :-
- The Chairman
- The Vice-Chairman
- The Honorary Secretay
- The Honorary Treasurer
- The Academic Convenor
- Six Council Members
- Members of the Council shall be elected from the Ordinary Members and appointment confirmed at the Annual General Meeting to hold office for a term of two years.
- A nomination for an office in the Council must be made by one ordinary member and seconded by one other ordinary member.
- The consent of the candidates to stand for election must be obtained before nomination can be accepted.
- Candidates receiving the highest number of votes are elected into the Council.
- The Council Members will elect the office-bearers among themselves.
- On completion of his term of office, a member may offer himself for re-election to the Council.
- No Council Member shall hold office as Chairman for more than two consecutive terms.
Updated on Aug 2016