10.0 Councils’ general authority
- Subject to the Ordinance and these Articles, the business and affairs of the Association are managed by the Councils, who may exercise all the powers of the Association.
- An alteration of these Articles does not invalidate any prior acts of the Councils that would have been valid as if the alteration had not been made.
- The powers given by this Article are not limited by any other power given to the Councils by these Articles.
- A Councils’ meeting at which a quorum is present may exercise all powers exercisable by the Councils.
- The Council shall have the authority to award or refuse to award membership to an applicant.
- The Council may recommend to the General Meeting any person or organization to be elected as Patron or Honorary Adviser of the Association as appropriate.
- The Council may appoint any person to be spokesman for the Association.
- The Council may appoint any members to be representatives of the Association to various statutory and non-statutory bodies in and outside Hong Kong as appropriate.
- The Council shall have the power to grant sponsorship to members or subscribe to other professional nursing bodies.
- The Council may, whenever necessary, set up Committees to manage special activities of the Association. The scope of work, powers, operation and existence of such committees shall be determined by the Council.
Updated on Aug 2016