11.0 Participation in Councils’ meetings and duties of member of Council
- Subject to these Articles, Councils participate in a Councils’ meeting, or part of a Councils’ meeting, when—
- the meeting has been called and takes place in accordance with these Articles; and
- they can each communicate to the others any information or opinions they have on any particular item of the business of the meeting.
- In determining whether Councils are participating in a Councils’ meeting, it is irrelevant where a Council is and how they communicate with each other.
- If all the Councils participating in a Councils’ meeting are not in the same place, they may regard the meeting as taking place wherever any one of them is.
- The Chairman shall preside at all Council meetings and General Meetings and shall be responsible for the proper conduct of these meetings. He shall sign all other documents as Chairman of the Association, save that in his discretion, he may direct the Vice-Chairman, Honorary Secretary and Honorary Treasurer, superintend the general administration of the affairs of the Association and shall endeavor to secure the observance of these rules by all members.
- The Council shall define the duties of the Vice-chairman. In the absence or disability of the Chairman, the Vice-chairman shall perform all the duties and assume all the responsibilities of the Chairman.
- The Honorary Secretary shall attend all Council Meetings and General Meetings and shall record the proceedings, provided that in his absence, the meeting may appoint a secretary ad hoc from among its member to perform such duties. He shall notify all members of General meetings and Council Meetings. He shall record and answer all correspondence on behalf of the Association as directed by the Council or Chairman in between Council Meetings. The Honorary Secretary shall have the power to perform all duties of the Chairman during the absence or disability of the Chairman and Vice-Chairman. He shall prepare the Annual Report for the Council and shall keep an up-to-date register of members of the Association for inspection by members at any time.
- The Honorary Treasurer shall be responsible for the safety of all monies belonging to the Association and shall keep full and accurate account thereof. He shall prepare an annual financial statement of accounts for audit and for presentation to the Annual General Meetings. He shall disburse funds under the order of the Council. He shall provide facilities for the inspection of the account books of the Association by any members upon a notice in writing addressed to him.
- The Academic Convenor shall be responsible to organize Continuous Nursing Education (CNE) activities to facilitate the professional development of the members of the Association, and to enhance their ability in quality improvement of Operating Room Service.
- The Council Members shall assist in the execution of affairs of the Council and the Association and shall perform duties of the aforesaid offices under the direction of the Council.
Updated on Aug 2016