Aim of the Course
To train nurses of the Association currently working in the operating theatre for achieving a high quality and specialized patient care
To develop theatre nurse to be more competent in their roles and responsibilities
Nurses currently working in Operating Rooms or Sterile Supply Service, and who are active members of the Association of Hong Kong Operating Room Nurses Limited.
Schedule of the Course
Certificate Course in Peri-operative Nursing (Class 17)
08.10.2021 – 10.12.2021
Nine lecture sessions of 2 hours each at 6:30 – 8:30 pm on Friday are:
|Day 1 – 10.12.2021||Day 2 – 15.10.2021||Day 3 – 22.10.2021||Day 4 – 29.10.2021|
|Day 5 – 05.11.2021||Day 6 – 12.11.2021||Day 7 – 19.11.2021||Day 8 – 26.11.2021|
|Day 9 – 03.12.2021|
- Examination & Course Evaluation:
|Fee||HK $ 2,000|
|Size of Class||40-60 participants|
|Venue||CUHK Medical Centre 9 Chak Cheung Street, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong (May conduct in zoom if pandemic situation of COVID-19 persist)|
|Course Coordinator||Ms. Cindy YIP, Academic Convenor,|
|Language Medium||Both English and Cantonese will be used. Examination will be conducted in English|
- Concepts of Peri-operative nursing / Organization of the OR Team
- OT design & environment
- Scrubbing, gowning & gloving and Draping,
- Counting of accountable items
- Incision, wound closure and healing
- Care and handling of specimens
- Surgical positioning
- Care and handling of basic surgical and powered instruments
- Surgical Suturing and staplers
- Intubation equipment and procedure & intraoperative physiological monitoring
- Care and handling of energy modality equipment
- Introduction to Minimal invasive surgery
- Infection control in the OR
- Sterilization and disinfection in OR
- Handling Crisis in OR
- Safety and Quality Improvement in OR
- Introduction to Anaesthesia
- Recovery Room Nursing
Award of Certificate/ CNE
- Achievement certificate will be awarded to those with attendance not less than 7 sessions (excluding examination session), and passing score of 60% in a written examination.
- Attendance certificate will be issued to participants achieving not less than 7 (excluding examination session) sessions of class attendance but failed in the written examination.
- Two CNE permits from Hong Kong Nursing Council will be awarded to participants who attended each session. Maximum 18 CNE points will be awarded in this programme.
- No class will be held on public holidays and when typhoon signal No. 8 or above, or the Black Rainstorm Warning Signal is hoisted before the commencement of the class.
- Class will be held as usual only if the typhoon signal No. 8 or above, or the Black Rainstorm Warning Signal is lowered before 15:00 hours on that day.
Applicants must be active members of HKORN, RN/EN currently working in Operating Room.
Deadline of application: 31 August 2021