Aim of the Course
To provide knowledge for perioperative nurses in related to the anaesthesia.
To enhance perioperative nurses’ skills in facilitating nursing care for patients receiving anaesthesia for surgery, procedural sedation as well as post-anaesthetic care.
Registered and Enrolled nurses who are currently working in operating theatres and are active members of the Association of Hong Kong Operating Room Nurses (HKORN).
Schedule of the Course
Certificate Course in Anaesthetic and Recovery Nursing
03 Feb 2023 – 18 Mar 2023
Six lecture sessions of 2 hours each at 6:30 – 8:30 pm on Friday are:
|Day 1 – 03 Feb 2023||Day 2 – 10 Feb 2023||Day 3 – 17 Feb 2023|
|Day 4 – 24 Feb 2023||Day 5 – 3 Mar 2023||Day 6 – 10 Mar 2023|
2. Workshop: 18 Mar 2023 (Saturday), 9:30 am- 1:00pm
3. Examination & Course Evaluation: 24.3.2023, 6:30-7:30pm
|Fee||HK $ 3,500|
|Size of Class||42 participants|
|Venue||Lecture at CU Medical Centre (updated) |
Workshop at HKEC training centre, PYNEH
|Course Coordinator||Ms. Cindy YIP, Academic Convenor|
|Language Medium||English supplement with Cantonese.|
Written examination would be conducted in English
|Deadline of Application||30 Dec 2022|
- Role and Responsibilities of Anaesthetic and Recovery Nurse
- Principle of General Anaesthesia and related medication
- Principle of Regional Anaesthesia
- Care of patient under Anaesthesia
- Procedural Sedation safety
- Understanding of Anaesthetic machine checking and breathing circuit
- Medical Gas Supply and storage
- Airway Management
- Intraoperative Monitoring
- PACU Nursing
- Acute Pain Management
- Crisis Management in OT& PACU
- Basic Airway management workshop (3.5 hours)
- Basic intubation & BVM bagging
- Difficult airway with common airway gadget
- Fibreoptic intubation
Award of Certificate/ CNE
Certificate of achievement will be awarded to participants with attendance not less than 5 sessions (exclude examination session), with full attendance of practical demonstration, and pass score of 60% in the written examination.
Certificate of attendance will be issued to participants with:
- attendance less than 5 sessions (exclude examination session), with attendance/absence of practical demonstration, and pass score of 60% in the written examination; or
- attendance less than 5 sessions (exclude examination session), with full attendance of practical demonstration, with pass score of less than 60% in the written examination.
Two CNE permits from Hong Kong Nursing Council will be awarded to participants who attended each session.
Two CNE permits will be awarded for completion of the practical session.
A maximum of 14 CNE points will be awarded in this programme.
- No class will be held on public holidays and when typhoon signal No. 8 or above, or the Black Rainstorm Warning Signal is hoisted before the commencement of the class.
- Class will be held as usual only if the typhoon signal No. 8 or above, or the Black Rainstorm Warning Signal is lowered before 15:00 hours on that day.
- Receipt and certificate will be distributed in due time. There will be charge for repeated issue.
Applicants must be active members of HKORN, RN/EN currently working in Operating Room.
Deadline of application: 30 Dec 2022
Enrollment starts in early Decemeber 2022